Thursday, June 02, 2005

WHY ARE YOU HERE

Better question, why am I doing this? Simple, because our stations web site is, how do I say this nicely---frankly it blows! That is supposed to change soon, but even if and when it does, I am told by my friends and peers in the media business that a good, interactive web site is a no longer a luxury but a necessity.
So.... since I trust guys like David Locke (the king sports radio nerd http://www.lockedonsports.blogspot.com/) and John Lund (who is the the person I blame most for doing this damn thing http://www.snlinthemorning.blogspot.com/) I will do my best to become a solid member of the technology society. I won't be getting an ipod anytime soon, nor will I EVER become a message board nerd, but I will use this blog to pass along some daily topics we will be discussing and debating on the show, along with some additional news, rumors and opinions that we don't always get to during the 3-7 PM show on 1080 The Fan when three guys are battling for stick time. So.... keep checking back and hopefully it is worth the extensive time and effort that I have put into this.... and big prizes for anyone who can tell me what the hell HTML means? Just kidding. No prizes.
Thank you, and goodbye!
Ian

3 Comments:

At 4:23 PM, Anonymous Jeffe said...

This is great. I listen to sports radio for only about 20 minutes per day and am not particularly connected to any show... but I read blogs 8 hours per day at work. I have felt more informed on local sports matters since Canzano started his weblog, and I hope that this site can provide more viewpoints etc. Good Luck

 
At 1:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good Luck, Ian! Blogging can be an excellent way to reach your audience, particularly those who can't tune in everyday. I speak for myself, but I particularly find sports blogs that have well-thought out arguments and interesting commentary will attract a very intelligent following--and could even be a good source for material for you. The very best example is http://dodgerthoughts.baseballtoaster.com/ where I go to read Jon Weisman's stuff everyday and participate in game chats. Certainly, you won't get those callers who can't follow directions during Sudden Death Overtime. --Jeromy

 
At 11:18 AM, Blogger Michael Namba said...

Glad to see you blogging Ian. I look forward to your comments. By the way HTML means Hyper Text Markup Language:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home